01 February 2010

Mine


While shopping on Saturday, I couldn't help but notice all of the Valentine's merchandise. I mean, with the 14th right around the corner the stuff is everywhere.

As I walked past the conversation hearts, the phrase Be Mine jumped out at me. It triggered a rush of memories. At first I felt overwhelmed. But then I realized, these are sweet memories I hope to never forget. Almost instantly, I felt lighter. I couldn't help but smile.

Ben's most commonly used term of endearment for me was, Mine. He started this a few months before we were officially engaged. He'd constantly smile, and in a playful voice say things like, "You are Mine, and I am your Benny. I belong to you."

Whenever I'd walk into the same room he'd smile and softly say, "Hi, Mine."

He always said it with such sincerity and adoration. More often than not, this simple nick-name was accompanied with a comforting embrace. It became part of our daily dialogue, and my favorite name to answer to.



Thank you, Benny.
Thank you, for being Eternally Mine.

1 comment:

willneliz said...

This was a great post! I love seeing into your world and being able to understand your relationship with Ben. I hope you and your girls have a great Valentine's. I might not have internet then, so I want to wish you a wonderful day now!