13 February 2010

364 Days Ago...

Ben and I never made a big deal out of Valentine's Day.
We both thought it was a silly, unnecessary holiday.

But last year was my favorite.

My sister was visiting from Idaho for the weekend, since she didn't have classes on President's Day. She offered to watch the girls later in the day, so that we could go out for Valentine's.

Jocee got "bubbles" and heart-shaped sugar cookies delivered from Papa and Omie in Boston. She was ecstatic, and had so much fun playing.


Costco was having a sale we couldn't miss, so Laura and Ben went shopping in the morning while I watched the girls. Ben ended up buying new pillows. I remember being really happy about it. We had wanted to replace the older ones for a while.
AND these new pillows were extremely cheap with coupons.
Double yay.

He then went to Target for some other things. He brought back new stuffed animals so that the girls could have a Valentine's gift from Daddy. Jocee named her puppy, Lady.

Later in the day, Ben let me have an extra long nap (with the fore mentioned pillows), while he played with Jocee. She had so much fun playing with Daddy. I remember hearing them laugh as I fell asleep.

After I put Sophie to bed at 7:00, Ben and I got ready and left. While we were on our way to dinner, Laura called to tell us how upset Jocee was. Little Miss was having a total meltdown. It sounded pretty intense. We decided to just go to Sonic for creme pie shakes, and rent a RedBox.

We were home within an hour. I put Jocee down for the night, and we ended the evening cuddled up, watching the movie in bed. I wish I could remember what movie it was...

In short, it was a simple, and mostly uneventful day.
But these are the kind of days I miss most.

1 comment:

the speers said...

that is the sweetest valentine's day ever! :D