06 February 2010

Thank You, Emily!

Emily was the flake Ben dated right before he met me.
I don't know much of anything about her.
I never even asked what she looked like.

I do know that she and Ben dated casually for maybe two months leading up to Christmas. When Ben gave her a Christmas gift, she got angry at him---not because of the gift, but because he got her something after she had told him not to.
Needless to say, Ben gave up on that mess.

After we decided to be serious, I remember this girl calling him during the summer. He never answered, but she did make a few attempts. He'd let me listen to the voice-mails, and we would both laugh.
Too little, and way too late.

All throughout the time we dated, I remember feeling baffled. I could not understand why I was the first girl to see what an amazing person Ben was. He treated me like pure gold, and made me feel like the luckiest girl alive. How could any girl in her right mind not love that??
The only reasonable conclusion I could come to was....Emily, along with ever other girl he dated before me, was crazy.

But honestly, I am so glad that she was!
So I would like to thank this Emily publicly, where ever and whoever she is....

Dear Emily,
Thank you for for your assumed temporary lapse in judgment.
It was the best decision you made in my life.
Thank you for giving up on Ben, so that I could give him a chance.
Thank you for treating Ben poorly, so that I could treat him better.
Thank you for failing to see his selflessness, sincerity, devotion, and enduring sweetness, so that I could see each trait perfectly.
Thank you for stepping aside, so that this cute boy could be, Mine forever.


Very Sincerely,


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha this one is GREAT! :)