13 November 2010

The Dollar


We had just got back from our honeymoon. I can't remember what we were talking about, but he was certain that he was right and I was wrong. He wanted to bet me 50 bucks. I reminded him that our new joint checking account made money bets moot. He agreed...

"The Dollar" was more my idea, but he ran with it. Immediately he reached in his wallet, got a dollar and made it official.

Whoever got The Dollar, had the satisfaction of knowing they were right. We bet that dollar on everything, especially the smallest, silliest wagers; for all of the 5 years & 5 months.

In that last move from Springville, Terisa found it. She took it and told me that she'd mount and frame it. At the time I didn't care, and quickly forgot. But around the 11 month mark, she randomly stumbled upon the perfect frame (with a little help from above :)).

Before we left the crash site, she gave it to me. Seeing it again reduced me to tears. Maybe it shouldn't have. But the little things that are left behind have meant the most.
And I adore that chicken scratch handwriting of his...

I love Ben.


Thank you, Terisa!!

5 comments:

Chris and Lesley Maloon said...

She did an amazing job! It looks beautiful.

Love this and what a cute idea the two of you had!

Tracie said...

That was so sweet of Terisa, and of course it should bring you to tears. It's a piece of you and of him.

Tracie ... a stranger who reads your blog and hopes and prays for you.

The Hills said...

Tracie, thank you for your sweet comments! It's hard to believe that people I don't know would want to read this stuff. But, thank you! (And I love that you like Tyrone Weells too. He and his wife are darling together! :))
Love.

Tracie said...

I know good stuff when I see/read/hear it. :)

God bless,

Tracie ... a stranger who reads your blog and hopes and prays for you.

Hill Family said...

Haha I remember that dollar being plastered on the front of your entertainment center back when we were neighbors! I'm so glad you've kept it.