17 January 2011

Delayed Reflexes

I finally did it.
I changed my marital status on FB (15 months later).

Sheesh, that was hard!

I'll be the first to admit that this borderlines pathetic. Actually it's probably full-blown pathetic. I realize that it's just FB. Ben wouldn't (no, doesn't) care either way.

The odd part is that I've owned my widowhood. Taking off my wedding ring 3 months in was almost easy. It's my life experience and I'm not ashamed of it...even though the word repulses me, and I hate what it has done. Seriously, when I think of the word "widow," I think of those disgusting spiders, and older women dressed in frumpy amounts of black. But I digress...

I decided that it was time to make a change back in December. A very sweet FB friend whom I haven't seen or spoken to in years, wished both me and Ben a Merry Christmas. I couldn't help but feel responsible for the mix-up.

Really, I just want to be honest with people.

But as silly as I know it sounds...
I'll really miss seeing his thumbnail linked to my profile...and our wedding date too.

That is all.

3 comments:

our simple yet true journey said...

You are simply amazing..

Danielle said...

Found your blog through the goofy "blog writer award" website that claims to be a contest, but I'm not even sure if it is....but I play along because it looked fun.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I'm so happy to find someone else in the top group of blogs that is actually a real person writing a great blog. I caught up on your story and my heart broke for you. I cannot imagine (and don't want to imagine) the things you have endured. I pray for peace over you and your girls, they are both precious. Nice to "meet you." I am following now. Best of luck on your life's path.

Kathryn said...

I admire your bravery