08 January 2011

More proof that I'm old

I remember making fun of prom dresses from decades gone by...

I used to promise myself that I'd never wear anything so ridiculous. I was glad that fashion had evolved for the better. My prom photos would be forever timeless.

Hah!!

I've been going through old scrapbooks, and I came across this beauty. (Remember when scrapbooking was the thing to do?)

Back in '01, I thought this dress was perfect. Kind of... It was a last-minute purchase. I got it at Deb for a whopping $30. (That was lame, even back then. But I've always been a procrastinator...)

But that's only part of the disaster!!

I'm sure the amount of product in my hair reached toxic levels. I probably could have kept it that way for an entire week. I can't believe I paid someone to slick my hair to my head and put some random barrel curls in it. And every girl at that prom (and every other prom) was guilty of the same. Why was it okay to do that??

Then there are the accessories!! I probably got all that costume jewelry at Deb too. [Cringe.] And remember, this was 2001. Christina Aguilera was huge. I was so, so flattered when people told me I looked like her. And since she wore crystal tattoos, I had to wear them too. I'm sure the one on my..decollete...screamed "super classy!"

And makeup... I was definitely wearing blue eyeshadow, and blue eyeliner....to match the dress!

The kicker: I thought I looked hawt.
But didn't we all??

:)

1 comment:

the speers said...

Oh my gosh Ginny...I love it! (and your sparkle tattoo!!) haha I cringe when I look back...makes me feel old! But whatever, you are hot, I mean hawt! rock it out, sister!