19 October 2010

Packing!!

Right now I'm packing to leave for Utah!!

Here's the deal.... Anxiety for this one year mark started building back in August. I had no idea what I was going to do on that day, and being here in MA just didn't feel right. But how could I justify another trip?? I felt stuck (and anxious, and sad).

One night at the end of September, all these weird feelings made sense. Being in Utah would make the day easier. I needed to at least try to plan a trip there.

My parents were more than understanding, and offered to watch both girls so I could go alone. They even told me to go for as long as I could. The next morning, I went online to look at tickets... I found the cheapest tickets to SLC that I have ever seen! (Thank you, Southwest! :))
Coincidence? Heck, no!

So my plans for this 5-day trip will be...
  • Traveling kid-free!--I won't even know what to do with myself!
  • Seeing good friends. :)
  • Time with the little sister. :)
  • Staying with T. Thorpe.--That means laughing, movies, & soy ice cream will be involved.
  • Seeing the crash site for the first time ever.--I feel ready now. Everyone who has, tell me how close he was to the runway and a safe landing. It affirmed his skill level and exactness as a pilot, and I'll get to see it for myself. I'm sure there will be an element of closure.
  • Seeing the grave marker in person.
All things I really need, and I am deeply grateful I'll get to do them.


Thank you, Bennys! I couldn't have planned it better myself.

7 comments:

Kings said...

i'm glad your coming here. I hope your trip is wonderful and everything you need.

siovhan said...

i'm hopeful, happy, and here for you, my friend. this will be good for your heart.

The Scribbles said...

I am glad you are getting to make this trip! I hope it makes it easier. I pray for you often. I am amazed by the depth of your love for Ben and by the way you remember him. I love reading your blog! Stay strong and I am here if you need me!

Pilotdude said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
willneliz said...

Safe trip, Ginny! You'll be in my thoughts these next few weeks. I am so glad you'll be with friends that can bring a smile to your spirit. I hope you find the closure you are looking for. Big hug to you and the girls!

the speers said...

Ginny! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. You are in my heart and prayers!

Annie said...

Ginny, you are so much on my mind right now. I've been thinking of you constantly but, regrettably, have not picked up the phone. I hope you know you are often prayed for and thought of and I love you so much. I would love to see you while your out here if you can. I hope this week brings you everything you're looking for, but mostly I hope it brings you happiness. Love you lots.