09 October 2010

Happy List

Real talk: I knew this month would be difficult, but I couldn't have anticipated how much. Flashbacks of what we were doing this time last year leave me feeling empty and deflated. I so desperately want to go back to that time, and stay there forever.

I've had way more of those snot-nosed, puffy-eyed, he
ad-pounding cries than I'd like to admit. I really hate them. I only feel worse after. As part of my effort to avoid them, I've been taking note of happy things to distract me. Sometimes it works.
Here was today's Happy List....



1. I love, love, love when this happens! Jocee barely ever naps anymore. But when they take a nap together, it's marvelous (and adorably sweet)!


2. I totally forgot October is breast cancer awareness month! That means...pink everything!! I know one little girl who is going to love that, and another who will go along with it because she loves her big sister. :)


3. I have started couponing again!! Before the crash I was really good at it. I could cut a $150 grocery bill down to $50. Ben even bragged about my skills. :) After the crash I stopped caring. One of my goals for the year mark was to get back into it. Well, yesterday, I saved $10 using just coupons!--A decent first attempt.

Life is sweet.
:)

3 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Ginny you are so brave! Also your girls are such sweethearts! I enjoy reading your entries!

Garn said...

Thanks for the positive!! We bless our baby tomorrow, and it is bitter sweet to know that her grandfather and two uncles will be there in spirit only.

One of our good friends in the ward lost her father in a plane crash 27 years ago. I want to ask her if it gets easier. Maybe one day I will, but in a way, I don't want it to. Perhaps I am weird.

Sorry to go all weepy on you. It is examples like yours and my sister in law that help the rest of us have courage with the things we face.

thank you!

siovhan said...

Dude. Lady, teach me your awesome couponing skills! I need them in my life.

And those girls -- PRECIOUS.