01 August 2010

Stream of Consciousness: July


Springville, Utah, 9 July 2010
unedited

There has been so much on my mind as of late. I'm definitely due for another Stream of Consciousness post.

I've found myself looking up at the sky a lot. Whether it be a hawk circling near by, or every plane that flies overhead, I think about Ben each time. I miss him terribly, but that's nothing new. It's just always there (and it always will be). I miss Utah skies too. How many evenings did I look out my window, and take that sight for granted??

Jocee and I went to Utah for a much needed girls' weekend with one of my favorite people (and her cute kids). It was such a fun trip, and I definitely need to plan another one at some point. Jocee keeps telling me that Sophie will come next time, and I agree. We both missed Buggy!

The experience was surprisingly bittersweet. If it is still on my mind in the near future, I'll write a separate post... I can't thank T. Thorpe enough for the moral support while I made difficult decisions, and Lizzie B. for helping me finalize them. I hope those girls know how much I love and appreciate them.

Oh, and I'm still looking forward to that concert! Just a little more than a week now! I have my outfit all picked out. Actually, I've had it planned for almost a month. Such a nerd, I know! But isn't half the fun of an anticipated event, an equally fun outfit?

It has been really important for me to surround myself with similarly optimistic people. T. Thorpe keeps reminding me that, "Birds of a feather flock together." And now I think about that phrase, too. I'm so lucky to have the people in my life that I do.

I've felt quiet lately, and it's been a good thing. I'm learning that stillness and solitude are invaluable. I need to always keep my heart, and mind open. I'm certain this mindset has helped me have more intuitive experiences. But those are too personal to ever publish...or even share with more than a select few.

Oh, and my sister told me that I've been slacking on the blog... But as my cute friend Siovhan has so eloquently stated on hers, "Real life trumps blog!"

Totally agree. :)

1 comment:

Chris and Lesley Maloon said...

Beautiful picture! I can see why you miss it!

I hope you girls have a fun time at the concert next week!!!