15 August 2010

The Story of a Concert

Last week this cute girl and I went to a concert. It was supposed to be Owl City and Maroon 5. It was the first time I went to a concert more excited to see the openers.
And we had really good seats.

Have I mentioned how much I love them??
Well, I do.
Post October 21 I've spent many sleepless nights with my new bff, Adam Young. Something about their music has been so soothing to me. It even took me wayyyy longer than normal to get sick of Fireflies.

So they were interesting. Not quite what I had expected, but still good. I discovered a new favorite song...


THEN...out of nowhere....this crazy lady came on the stage! She wasn't even announced.
We couldn't tell what she was going for.
Rap?
Folk?
Circus act?
Dying cat?

We spent that half hour a little perplexed, and really scared.
It looks like that girl behind us probably felt the same way.

After that hot mess, we decided food would be better. We left and found this cute little restaurant where we ate too much.

But on the walk back to the car, we heard Maroon 5 playing a Benny favorite. He used to sing, "She Will Be Loved" to me. Because he drove for miles and miles... Yeah. Cheesy, but that's how he rolled.

So even though the night didn't go as planned, it was still super fun.
Everyone needs a Lizzie B!

2 comments:

Chris and Lesley Maloon said...

So happy you guys had fun! Loving the pics!!

So deja vu of the Backstreet Boys concert I went to me with Amie!!

xoxo Hope to see you ladies soon!

Chris and Lesley Maloon said...

scratch that random "me"...lol