07 September 2010

Come Back Down

Have I ever mentioned how freakishly tone-deaf I am??

It's a bit repulsive... But Ben never seemed to mind. In fact, he found this flaw endearing. Maybe it's because he was almost equally as off key as I always was.

At any rate, it was refreshing. Those musically inclined Utards can get exhausting. But I digress....



One night (back in 2005) I was in the bedroom with the laptop listening to this song, while I did homework (Ha! back when I thought public heath was a good career option!). Ben was in the office tying flies. I was wearing earphones....

When I looked up I saw him smiling in the doorway, trying to stifle laughter.

He had a priceless expression of complete adoration.

I asked what I had done to make him so happy. He told me I had been singing along to the music for at least 10 minutes, and it was the cutest thing he had ever heard. (Although I highly doubt that.) I didn't realize I had been singing.

I remember him saying, "Oh Ginnys! That was the cutest thing ever! I have to give you the hugest hug for that!"

And so I hope for 2 things....
1. My memory of that moment never fades.
2. He still looks at me like he did then, when I'm singing in that same tone-deaf way.

1 comment:

Chris and Lesley Maloon said...

Oh, he is!!!

That's the cutest story! :)