12 September 2010

Another peek in my head...

...at the grocery store, on a Friday.
Because I'm super glam.
;)


Celery is so refreshing. I'm going through a serious phase. Better stock up on that... And Romaine lettuce, too.

I really wish berries were in season all year. Raspberries and cherries are my favorite. I will miss them...

Oh! Just spotted caramel apples. So excited Fall is finally here!
And pumpkins! I wonder if the girls would have fun helping my carve them this year... I'll need some seeds, too. Love those.

That girl looks familiar...
Yep, went to high school with her.
If I approach her, she'd remember me.
But then there might be small talk, and a mini catch-up.
How could I lightly explain what happened, and avoid that reaction I always get??
Hmm....maybe next time...

.........

How about that healthy aisle....
Definitely need that hemp granola. It's the only thing Sophie really eats in the morning. (Note: Hemp sounds shady. It's not. Look it up.)

And some tea sounds really good.
Lemon Ginger would be fabulous!
I read something good about Milk Thistle. Maybe I'll try some.
Organic chocolate...won't make that mistake again!

K, now the rest of it....

Whoa. Dang.
Creepy guys near the potato chips.
Why am I even in this lame aisle!?? This is why I don't eat that crap.
They look haggard. How many drugs would one have to do in a lifetime before they start looking like that? [Shutter]
I'll just walk past them quickly. They won't even notice.

Ughh. They're looking at me.
And now they're saying something to me.
Smile and nod to whatever.
[Get away.]

.........

Oh, and there's that cute old man by the frozen foods!
I always see him here at this time...
And he always smiles sweetly at the girls. I bet he has grand kids.

He's what Ben would be in 50-60 years. Tall, and thinner; with an older version of khaki pants, polo shirt, glasses, and baseball hat.
Would Ben be bald too? Probably not as much...

Ben really would have made such a sweet old man. And we were looking forward to it. I wish he could have. Why did that guy get to grow old and Ben couldn't? He probably wasn't ever a pilot...

Ugh. Why do I ask myself those "why" questions!?
"What" questions would be better...
Like....
"Now, what?"
"What is my next step?"
"What do I want to be?"
"What am I about to become?"

I like those better. They're more proactive.

Ohh, I need almond milk!
Almond milk....really is cheaper at Walmart.
Walmart on a Friday...
[Cringe.]

1 comment:

willneliz said...

LOL, oh Ginny, I love this and I just love you! I wish we could grocery shop together...