04 May 2010

My New Life

"There are moments in my life when I feel like my spirit is tapping my heart to remind me just why I still mortally exist. Today I had more of those tapping moments."



I've never heard this girl speak before. I've only read her blog intermittently. I had never found her inspirational. More often than not, I found myself rolling my eyes. In so many ways and for so many reasons, I'd gladly trade places with her.

Her flight was recreational.
Her plane crash was survived.
Her family and life are in tact.
She still has her sweet, supportive husband.

But today as I watched this video, I saw it for the first time. I have more in common with this girl than I ever thought possible. Although our lives are very different, our goals are the same.

I will always miss the other life I had; almost as much as I will always miss Ben. But amidst the heartache, there is so much room for growth. I will take this mess, and turn it into something good. I will grow into the woman I was always intended to be, and maybe something more.

And when that day is here...
That day that we will be together again...
Ben will be proud of me, too.

5 comments:

Kings said...

Ginny!! -- no more making me cry at work :) I read her blog too, and I'm so glad you can find even the slightest bit of comfort from it. You are amazing!

the speers said...

Ginny, you're amazing! I read nienie, too...and it's so interesting to read about her challenges and her new live, and to see how she copes...but I love reading your blog, too, because you remind me to be a better person every day--especially to my family! I'm sure your girls adore you and the awesome mom that you are--and that Ben's proud of you, too!!!

Maryblog said...

Ginny, you inspire me. Thank you for your words, your honesty and your thoughts. I am so impressed by you and learn so much from you. I love your eloquent words. Thank you! You are incredible!

Chris and Lesley Maloon said...

Beautifully written and expressed as always!

(Thanks for your comment on my last blog. I think I needed that as well.)

Garn said...

I am new to your blog, and hopefully it is ok that I will follow it. I came to it from the blog of my brother-in-laws girlfriend who is currently dealing with losing him to a plane crash.

As I watched this video, there were some feelings I had that almost made me feel guilty as I thought of loved ones my family has lost. In the end, as I watched and sorted through my thoughts, what a truely inspiring woman.

I can't imagine what your new life is like, but please know, after reading through some of your posts, you are a very inspiring woman as well. Thanks for contributing to my testimony.