30 March 2010

Family of Four

Jocee loves to paint.
In Ben's absence, it has become therapeutic for her.

As I was cleaning this morning, she approached me with her latest painting.
She was absolutely insistent for me to stop everything I was doing to look at it with her. To date, she has never been so relentless about anything that she has created. She just kept pleading, "Please, Mommy! Please look at my painting."

When she said, "Please! I made Daddy!" my heart sank.
We sat down on the couch so she could have my undivided attention.

Jocee then explained what this painting was.

Daddy is all the blue and yellow.
Mommy is all the green.
Jocee is red/pink.
Sophie is purple.
(The orange & black are the dogs & cats)

As I studied it, I noticed that blue and yellow are the prominent colors. "Daddy" is everywhere. She misses him deeply.

Although this little girl can be so articulate, some emotions are still difficult to convey. She amazes me. I am so happy that she continually looks for ways to express herself, when the words escape her.

3 comments:

our simple yet true journey said...

Ginny, I look forward to your posts everyday. This is one of my favorite. You are soooo amazing, an so are your two adorable little girls.

willneliz said...

This left me speechless. She is such an amazing soul! Will you please give her and Sophie a huge hug for me? I wish I could be closer.

Maryblog said...

Ginny that is so beautiful!! What an amazing little girl. I can't even tell you how I feel! This is so incredible!