21 March 2010

21


Such a happy and perfect day...

I remember the first year that we were married. On the 21st of each month, one of us would smile and announce how many months we had been married. Ben always wanted to celebrate the day, however big or small the celebration was.

With the start of our second year, that tradition quickly faded away.
But every once in a while, when the 21st would roll around...I liked to bring it up. It was fun to reminisce about when we were silly "newlyweds." It always brought a smile to each of our faces.
~
Then the meaning changed.
And now it has become a day on the calender, to mark each month I have survived without my love here.

5 months.

A big part of me just wants to look over at Ben, and remind him that, today, we have been married for 5 years & 10 months. I'd rather be anticipating the plans that he made to soon celebrate our 6 years.
He started planning last May, and he was so proud of his creativity.
(Our first kid-free weekend away...in Yellowstone.)

But instead, I sit here wondering how I've endured these months without him.

And so as this day arrives each month, I will forever think of 2 things.
  1. The day that I followed through with my best decision made in mortality.
  2. The day my love left mortality.

1 comment:

Mabe said...

I am always so impressed with the cute things you guys did for eachother! I love it and I'm glad you share it. You're great! Next time you come out we have to get together. It would be fun to see you and meet those cute girls! Plus I haven't seen your parents in forever. They are so nice!!