28 March 2010

Reasons to Visit India...#221


As a part of my efforts to break out of my comfort zone...
My sister and I went to the local celebration.


And yet, somewhere amidst the color throwing, loud music, belly dancing, vegetarian eats, and laughter...I felt oddly at home.


Sure, it was held at a temple just minutes away from where I live...
And sure, those belly dancers traveled all the way from Boise, Idaho...
And yes, I've almost entirely made the switch to being fully vegan...

But I've never had that much fun, while looking that ridiculous...ever!



Favorite quote of the day:
(While walking from where we parked...)
Random guy working on his yard : What are all the people walking for??!
Laura: It [the shuttle] is taking too long!
Me: Laura, I don't think that's what he was asking.
Laura: Ooh. He doesn't know about the festival...

2 comments:

the speers said...

I love it!! I'd never heard of it before last year when my brother went...and I totally used to drive by there all the time! so much fun!

Kings said...

i'm so jealous! Vince and i really wanted to go this year but he had school. Next year!!! it is on for us :)