06 January 2010

Little Details

(Disclaimer: We had made a pact not to share this picture with anyone. But the memory of how hard we were laughing in it, makes it too good to keep to myself.)

Ever since everything happened, I've been so afraid that I'll forget something. The problem with that now, is that Ben won't be here to remind me. Of the two of us, I did have the better memory, so nothing can be left out!

After my previous post, I was able to talk to a few different people who reminded me of things I left out; just little details that probably only mean something to me.

On the night we met...
  • Ben was wearing a white, short sleeved, collared dress shirt, untucked with the top button undone & black dress pants. (The solid red tie he wore that evening was on his bed when we walked into the room.)
  • I was wearing a beige hooded sweater, a burgundy tank top & Abercrombie jeans. Over this past summer I was cleaning out my closet and found the pieces to this outfit. Ben felt nostalgic & wouldn't let me throw any of them away.
  • He had told our friend Lindsay that when I got out of the car, he thought to himself, "I hope THAT one is Ginny."
  • And no matter what Marci tells anyone, or how she may think she remembers things; Ben and I did not kiss that night! We didn't even hold hands. We may have wanted to, but we definitely didn't. (The first kiss happened during the last weekend in April, after I had been a bride's maid in Val's wedding.)
And now I shall never forget!

*Marci's Two Cents*
I completely forgot about this, but apparently I would skip classes periodically to call him back....before we ever met in person!! It's not something I did everyday, but I probably did it more often than I should have. I did recognize that it was pretty lame. But Marci knew we would get married all along.
(Read the first comment on this post for her exact words!)

4 comments:

marcijudd said...

You still did not mention that you ditched your classes everyday to talk to him!!! You hadn't met him because I remember walking to some class with you and you telling me that you were going to ditch class and call him back. You kept saying this is stupid that I am ditching class to talk to you guy I have never met. I said no its not stupid your going to marry him. Thats why your relationship was so awesome. You became best friends before a physical relationship even had that chance to start!!!!

Maryblog said...

I love all the details you remember Ginny. And the ones that others have helped you remember. I want to remember all the details too. I need to be better about that. Thanks for reminding me. Your story is so cute. That is so cute that he said, "I hope That one is Ginny" I love it! He knew right from the start what he wanted! I LOVE IT!!

Meredith said...

True love. Ben was a big old softie huh? So sentimental and into the small details. You guys are the cutest. I love your story. Ginny you are so photogenic!

marcijudd said...

Thanks!!!