26 November 2009

Thankful

To say that life has been difficult recently would be an outright understatement. There are so many emotions to deal with on a daily (and sometimes hourly) basis. I find myself wishing things could be different, wishing I could just have the life we had planned on, wishing I didn't have to be without my best friend.

But at the same time, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for what I do have.

1. There aren't words enough to convey how thankful I am for Ben.

(In fact, I should probably do a different post for him entirely.) But I will say, I am thankful for all the time we were given. I am thankful for his enduring sweetness, and selflessness. Even now, his love and concern for us leaves me in awe. Marrying Benjamin David Hill is unequivocally the best choice I have made, and will make in this life.

2. I am thankful for Jocee and Sophie.

Jocee's eyes are Ben's exact shade of brown. She has a will, wit, and passion for life that will never fade.

Sophie is Ben's little carbon copy. She is sweet, easy-going, and smart as all get out. I couldn't have been entrusted with more beautiful, intelligent, amazing little girls.

3. I am thankful for all of my brothers and sisters-in-law. They are more than just "in-laws," friends, or even best friends. They are my family. There are no favorites. I genuinely love them all. I am so very fortunate to have each of them in my life.

4. I am thankful for Richard & Elaine. While living with them has been an adjustment for all parties involved, their generosity is remarkable. To spare me from more trauma, Richard stepped in and took care of all the ugly details and final arrangements for Ben. Elaine has helped me through so many difficult moments with this whole process.

5. I am thankful for my parents and sister. My dad has always been such a good example to me. My mom is the best grandmother. And my sister...(you can read more about her...here.) Gotta lover her!

6. I am thankful for good friends. I feel so fortunate to have people who love me and are supportive of me outside of just family.

7. In short; I am grateful for such a strong support system. Lately it seems like people's general comments have revolved around how "strong" I am. In all honesty, I nearly never feel that way. I couldn't handle things the same without such amazing people in my life.


And once again, there aren't words enough to express my gratitude...

(#4... I'll just say, some lessons need to be learned the hard way.)

3 comments:

The Scribbles said...

You continue to inspire and amaze me. I am humbled by your strength. Those girls could not have ask for better parents.

Hill Family said...

Very sweet Ginny. I love you and am thinking about you and the girls all the time. I'm grateful for your friendship- it means a lot to me.

The Sitton Family said...

I'm so thankful you are in our family! We love you and can't wait to be together for Christmas!

Love you sister!