12 November 2009

100 Years

It's the title of a song.

Whenever I would hear this song, I would fondly think of all that life had in store for Ben and me.
  • Having babies...
  • Watching these beautiful girls grow up...
  • Ben taking the girls hiking, camping, fly fishing, etc... (And all while Jocee screams her head off! A tomboy, she in not!)
  • Celebrating their every milestone together...
  • Buying our first home..
  • Buying and/or building our dream home...
  • Traveling when we would eventually get the time, money, & pilot benefits...
  • Sleeping in when all of our kids went off to college...
  • Becoming grandparents...
(Not to mention all the little plans we had for the coming days, weeks, & months.)

These plans are now interrupted. To say they are completely ruined, for me would imply a sense of hopelessness.

I've always been the kind of person who likes to live in the future. I like to plan. I like to have goals to strive for and anticipate. The "5-year-plan" is something I'm all too familiar with. Although none of these "plans" have ever entirely come to fruition, I would continue to make them anyway. Having some direction is better than none at all.

For the first time in my life, I am not making any real plans. I am really only able to live in the present. Right here and right now is all that I can control. It is all that really matters.

I will not think of how I will get through this next week, month, year, or five years.
Right now is all that matters.
Right now, I will get a glass of water.

4 comments:

The Scribbles said...

that is a beautiful post!! You continue to amaze me!

Krissy said...

I adore you Ginny. And I know how you're feeling. I haven't had the same loss as you, but we both lost husbands. I know nothing. I can plan nothing. You are such an example to me!u

Maryblog said...

Ginny you never cease to amaze me with your eloquent and profound words. Ginny, you are so incredible! I love reading your posts and learning from you. I think of you and your family often.

Tina and Spencer Sitton Family said...

Love you sweety.