17 April 2009

Our Little Artist


The week started out sunny and warm, but on Tuesday and part of Wednesday it actually snowed! It started out as rain but just got worse and worse. I felt so bad for Jocee. She's too young to understand how erratic the weather can be during April in Utah.

For her birthday we had got her those Crayola washable finger paints. They were the perfect distraction! I especially love them because of how easy they are to clean up. I so wish we bought them sooner!


Jocee LOVES seeing her artwork on the fringe. Once she's done she always asks me to put it up. (Oh, and the one on the bottom is actually mine... Yes, I get in on the fun too sometimes!)

Anyway here are some cute pictures of the girls (mostly Jocee) playing outside.



On a side note... The two pictures above were all the push I needed to get back on that health wagon! I'll be honest... Somewhere around Valentine's Day, I lost my way... If I knew it would be as easy as seeing a full body shot, I wouldn't have let those holidays derail me! But I'm totally motivated now! I'm all about Yoga, Pilates, flax seed & ditching that oh so addictive sugar. I'm giving myself until our 5 yr anniversary to reach my goal (May 21). That's little more than a month, but it's all I need!

Ben has actually been somewhat supportive. He has cut down on his caffeine consumption (1 DP a day instead of like 5, yikes!). And even when he isn't, it has no effect. I've genuinely lost all desire for junk food. Yays!

6 comments:

Hill Family said...

Tell Jocee I think she is a wonderful artist! The mountains are so beautiful in your pictures, we miss them.... and we miss you guys too of course.

the speers said...

Too cute! it looks like we're going to need to get some finger paint...only because you say their easy to clean up! :D jk...and it looks like a ton of fun! Ok, and whatever, you look so cute!! but...what is flax seed and what yoga/pilates do you do? and, I can't believe it's been 5 years, can you? seriously crazy! Oh, I remember what I was going to ask you...do you live by the wally-world off the freeway in Springville? i totally recognize the playground! lol

The Hills said...

Chira! Yes! You know exactly where I live :) And you so need to get those finger paints. The clean up really is the big selling point :)

Umm...I have a bunch of different Yoga & Pilates DVDs. I kinda want to take a class somewhere. Oh, and flax seed has tons of omega-3 and helps with digestion. I take flax seed oil supplements. LOVE it!! You so gotta try it! I've heard you can incorporate the actual seeds into recipes & I really want to try that, too!

The Sitton Family said...

I need to get some of those finger paints!! That is so cute that she loves to do that so much!

About the cabin, the people lived there for over a year and just moved out last month. That was our first time there in a long time! We are really happy to have it back!! So if you guys ever want to go there, let us know!!

Krissy said...

lol you're so funny. You're gorgeous! I wish I had your body. FOR REALS. I was doing well with soda consumption, but now that I'm working all that has changed. Go you, though!! Your girls are so cute. I can't believe how big Jocee is!! (ha lol my word verification is ingle... we have a grocery store here called that! LOL)

Melody said...

I use flax seed in my pancakes....it totally works! I also add it in muffins I bake too :o)