07 April 2009

Jocee's Birthday


I wanted to do a separate post for all the pictures we took on Jocee's birthday...

For breakfast I made her chocolate chip pancakes (aka "chock-it can-cakes"). She only ate like half of one before she was done. She was so excited to wear her birthday tiara and kept it on all day.

We gave her the presents from us early in the morning. We got her Crayola washable finger paints and this princess couch. When she saw that it folded out into a little bed, she was ecstatic! I'm so happy I chose it for her. She LOVES it!!



So, I had this fabulous idea for her birthday cake. I got the idea from my friend, Alicia, but I wanted to make it a little different. So I made the butter cream frosting and dyed it with food coloring. While I was busy trying to blend the colors I wanted, Jocee was behind me being very quiet...

She totally got into the yellow dye! It was everywhere! That's what I get for not frosting the cake the night before. When will I learn?! Haha! Anyway, this is how it turned out...

It's not exactly what I had envisioned. But this is honestly my first attempt at a presentable cake. And in my defense, I had a two year old distracting me. I did learn a lot, so next time should turn out better! I have three different ideas for Ben's birthday cake. Maybe I'll do some practice cakes first though!

Jocee knew it was a flower right away! She was so excited!

When we sang to her and told her to blow out the candles, she actually did! It was so cute! But she was definitely more interested in eating the cake.

Warren and Terisa were able to come over for dinner and cake. Jocee loved having them over and loved being the center of attention.

Omie and Papa sent her a doll and Moses basket.

She really likes EVERYTHING she got for her birthday! Everyone got her things that she genuinely enjoys. She has been playing with all the new toys and even watching the puppy DVDs Richard and Elaine got her. We were both so happy that Jocee had so much fun on her birthday.

Anyway, we're looking forward to celebrating at Tina and Spencer's in Logan on Saturday! Jocee will love seeing some of her cousins. Elaine is doing the cake, so I can't wait to see that. It should be lots of fun! I'm sure I'll be posting about it.

2 comments:

The Sitton Family said...

Great job on the cake! I have never seen that done before, its a really cute idea! She looks like she was in heaven! It's funny, she seems so much girlier than Sienna! On Sienna's birthday all she wanted to do was play outside in the dirt! They really need to play together!!!!!

The Hills said...

Thanks! It's not exactly what I wanted, but Jocee knew it was a flower & that's all that matters. :)

That's so funny! Jocee is really girly though... If she gets dirty, she screams. They do need to play together. You realize, they never really have!