07 December 2010

Why I love T. Thorpe

Since she gets so much honorable mention on the blog, I figured I'd elaborate. Here are some reasons why this girl is one of my best friends...
:)
  • Even though we went over three years with no contact, as soon as I needed her, she was there. And we picked up right where we left off. (Oh, about that... It's a funny story! I'll just say, it's a good thing that we won't ever be getting pregnant at the same time again!)
  • We've been known to talk on the phone for 8 hours, straight. Usually about a lot of nothing, and laughing almost the whole time!
  • Whenever we get together we laugh. Hard. I'm pretty sure neither of us are that funny, but we definitely think we are!
  • She insisted that I compile a list of qualities to look for in Mr. OkayForRIGHTnow. It's a very competitive position. She has the list somewhere. Applicants need not apply for another....9 years! :)
  • When it comes to constructive criticism, we are brutally honest. Most people could easily take offense. Ha! We call it love.
  • We totally get each other. I'm so used to having to explain myself to people. So I'll preface statements with a phrase like, "This may sound weird to you, but..." Without fail her response is always, "Okay. How is that weird??" Love it!
  • We discuss and study quirky topics ad nauseum. Think moon cycles, Feng Shui, numbers, shopping deals... Nothing is ever too weird for us!
  • Even though I never got to meet her mom, I know she likes me. :)
  • Our kids are the same ages. As soon as they met, they adored each other. Play dates are super easy. And when they can't play together, they talk about each other constantly.
  • Old movies and soy ice cream.
  • Peacocks and fluffy chickens.
  • Even her hubby totally gets it. He says she's the Cristina and I'm the Meredith! Haha! (I've never seen Grey's, so...yeah!)

In short: I stinkin' love this girl, and I'm so lucky to have her in my life!


And especially for this long.
:)

2 comments:

Chris and Lesley Maloon said...

She sounds like a great friend! :)

Maryblog said...

Well I wouldn't expect any less when you get two of the cutest girls Ever together! I love that you guys are so close and I love seeing you blog about eachother!