17 December 2010

Before there was Ben...

...there was, The Kid.


Here's the deal... There's this FB fan page for my 10 year high school reunion. It'll be sometime next year. This eerie realization is making me feel nostalgic (and old!). I was a total dork back then. Bangs, braces, Dr. Martins, sweater vests... Cringe. (For the record, that was just freshman and sophomore year, but still bad!)

So... Here I am! Living with my parents... Every once in a while I find something ancient that they've hung onto.

These trips down memory lane can be fun, but I cannot for the life of me remember where this was from. I can't remember who would have drawn this lovely...diagram (definitely not me). And why did I keep it? Why did my parents keep it?? This had to be a joke.

I'm guessing it was from freshman or sophomore year of high school. By junior year I had given up on those tacky uniform sweater vests, and boys that went to the same school.

Maybe this boy wore a black hat...and a CC sweater vest... He was obviously a big enough deal for me to talk about, and for someone else to draw a picture of. And then for me to keep it as a memento... Awkward!

Anyway! If anyone reading this is from high school and remembers "The Kid" please remind me! I have not a clue. And if you drew this masterpiece, take credit! You know you want to own this. ;)

No comments: