06 April 2010

Dear Jocelyn Michelle...

Dear Little Miss,

Today you turned 3 years old!
You have grown and experienced so much this year. It has been nothing short of a joy to watch you develop into the little lady that you are.
  • I'm certain you will always be a girly girl. You adore all things feminine.
  • Pink is still your favorite color. If it were possible, you'd make everything pink. Everything.
  • You love makeup, nail polish & hair. Many times I have wondered if cosmetology is in your future..

  • You are still a little fashionista. You have an opinion on everything you wear. You already know that a girl can never have too many clothes or shoes or handbags! You seem to enjoy shopping for clothes more than anything else.
  • You love to sing and do it as often as possible. I'm at a loss for where you get that from, but I love it.
  • You are without a doubt, one of the most tenacious and determined people I know. I admire your passion for life.
  • You are such an expressive little girl. You are incredibly articulate for your age.
  • You are my little artist. You love to paint, draw & color.


Above all, you are the best big sister.

You are so sweet and protective with Sophie. She is your best friend. I love watching you share your toys and treats with her. You comfort her when she is sad or frustrated. You always seem to understand exactly what she wants. She looks up to you, and wants so much to be like you. I hope that the two of you are always close.


And most importantly, I want you to always know how much your daddy loves and treasures you. I know how much you miss him. I know it's hard to understand. I wish I had all the answers for you. I promise that someday this will all make sense.

I need you to know that he is always mindful of you. I will help you remember all you can about him. And when your memory fades, I will do all within my power to remind you. You will always know how important you are to him. You are so very blessed to have him as your father.

We are both so proud of you, and all that you are becoming.


All my love,
Mommy

No comments: