01 September 2009

Black Thumb

Back in May I posted about how Ben bought this little tomato plant, in hopes of teaching Jocee about how things grow. (For more about that, click here.)
Since then, that little tomato plant has endured a great deal. Jocee would feed it crackers, Cheerios, chips & salsa, apple juice....even vinegar. But that plant withstood the abuse, and even seemed to grow. For a time, I wonder if maybe Jocee knew something about plants that we didn't.

THEN Jocee plucked nearly all of it's little green leaves off, leaving it almost naked. We were both sure the plant was done. Ben had tried, and his intentions were good.

However, despite our surrender that plant rebounded and recovered! Shocking.

While the girls and I were all in Boston, Ben moved us into a cheaper condo. During the commotion, he left the plant in Richard & Elaine's care. They took care of it better than we ever did, and returned it to Ben in good condition once the move was complete.

Last week, after taking the girls for a walk around the new neighborhood; I noticed this on the front porch...and laughed to myself....

Typical us!!

And the kicker...
Now that we have the space, I want to plant a garden next year.

2 comments:

Warren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Warren said...

Ha! Simply wonderful!! I love your family's blog, Gin!!! I haven't had a phone for two weeks, but we want to come see you this week!! I'll call you from a payphone if I have to...