05 July 2009

July 3rd

The 4th of July is my most favorite holiday. There's warm weather, good food, family, and I always see fireworks in the end (weather permitting)!

The holiday is not complete without celebrating the 3rd of July first, at my grandmother's house in Sharon. My dad's family has a private beach, ideal for cookouts and watching the town's firework display. It's perfect! All of my fondest childhood memories are there on that lake.

The town of Sharon always has the fireworks on the 3rd, which also happens to be my dad's birthday. He was born just 10 minutes shy of being an Independence Day baby. Anyway, it's always so much fun being able to see his side of the family at this time of the year.

Ben loves it, too. He fits in seamlessly with the rest of the family. Plus, he has even said that the fireworks he saw in Sharon were the best he's ever seen. We have missed him so much! I'm so grateful for web cams and Skype! Both of the girls LOVE being able to see and talk to Daddy everyday. Hopefully we can all come out as a family next year. But, I digress...

Yesterday was perfect!! There was just one light passing rain shower. It lasted all of 20 minutes and left this behind.

I completely forgot my camera, so I had to borrow some pictures from my cousin, Sam.

Anyway, Jocee loved everything. She played with her cousin, Lillian.

Even though the water was cold, she had so much fun playing in it with Sam and Megan. She was being such a little show-off! She loved all the attention she got!

(Note: Jocee got a hold of some scissors last week and cut 3+ inches off her hair!! Now it's constantly in her face--even worse than before! If only she'd keep hair elastics & bows in her hair...)

And of course she had to play with the "puppies!!"

Watching Jocee watch the fireworks was definitely the best part. She was fine as long as someone was holding her. She kept saying, "Oh, pretty!" and pointing out all the different colors. It was so cute, I wanted to cry!

It was such a perfect day! After constant rain (every single day that we have been here), it was sunny and not too humid. Sophie was so good. We actually forgot to get pictures of her. (Oops!!) I loved being able to see family & show Jocee new things.

We are excited to see everyone again for Lilly's first birthday next week. And this time I won't forget my camera!

Happy 4th of July!!

2 comments:

Melody said...

There is nothing better then fireworks in Massachusetts! I'm glad you had such a great time :o)

I wish Brooke would keep elastics in her hair as well, but she pulls them out and runs so I can't put it in her hair again :o( It's constantly in her hair as well...oh well!

willneliz said...

what an awesome time you guys had! I loved the pics and wish i had a private beach! i cant wait to do some family things with the kids as they get older and start our own traditions. i know we'll be missing each other by days but SOMEDAY we'll meet up. its a new goal for me..lol