21 May 2009

5 Years & 2 Kids Later....


It's so hard to believe how fast 5 years can go by! Ben and I have had some good, bad, happy, sad, miraculous, devastating, breathtaking, overwhelming, laughable, hectic, crazy moments throughout! It hasn't always been easy or stress-free. But there is no one else I'd want to go through it all with!

Here's just a little bit of our history, in pictures!

2003:
We met in January via the telephone. I was going to school in Idaho (of all places!) and he was living and going to school in Utah. He called my roommate, I answered the phone, and the rest is history! Long story, short... We worked the long distance thing quite well!

Ben came out to Boston in October to ask my dad if he could marry me. We're traditional like that!

2004:
Wedding planning. Need I say more?

21 May 2004
It was such a perfect day!

In retrospect I would have changed only 2 things:
1. Wore heals like everyone else...instead of flip flops!

2. Rented the prettier chairs for the reception!

But everything was perfect!!


2005:

I couldn't find any pictures of us in 2005!! It was a crazy year though! Ben switched his major from biology/pre-med to aviation. We were both really busy with work and school. There was a trip to Yellowstone, but we forgot our camera... and my makeup! Oh well.

2006:
An even crazier year! I switched jobs twice. Ben was really busy trying to finish school as quickly and efficiently as possible.

(21 May 2006)
We started off our third year of marriage with another trip to Yellowstone.
Then in August we were "surprised" with the news that our little family was going to be expanding in April, 2007!

(19 weeks)

In November we found out that this new addition was a GIRL!!


2007:
The majority of 2007 was spent preparing for and adjusting to having a baby.

Jocelyn Michelle was born on April 6th at 9:46 am! She tipped the scales, weighing in at 8 lbs, 11 oz (& 21.5 inches long)! Yeah, a c-section was definitely the best choice!


2008:
After exactly one conversation in February, we agreed to purposely add to our current family of three (not thinking our efforts would be rewarded right away). Ha! On the 9th of March we found out that we'd be having another baby in November.

After a trip to see family in Boston, we found out that we were having another sweet little girl!

Sophia Leigh arrived 12 days early, on November 5th at 6:03 pm. She was quite a bit smaller, weighing 7 lbs, 9 oz (& only 19 inches long).


2009:
Thus far, we have celebrated Jocee's 2nd birthday. Sophie is growing like a weed. Ben works a lot (and loves what he does). And I get to hang out with the littles all day!

We love our girls and we love each other!
The end.

Ps.. For pictures taken in 2009, just read our previous posts! Re-posting the same pictures just seemed redundant.

5 comments:

The Sitton Family said...

Oh!!! I love this post! You guys are great together, and if I may add, you are the best thing that ever happened to Ben!!! I am sure he knows that, but I just think you guys are perfect for each other! Congrats on the milestone!

The Hills said...

Thanks, Crystal!

Kasey said...

how fun to catch up on your life.
what a beautiful family you have.
did you know my maiden name was Hill...
maybe we are long lost cousins;-)

Kings said...

how cute! i'm so glad you have a blog too. I love it. Congrats on being married for 5 years :) We are about to celebrate 3 years...and that is an accomplishment!! ha.

willneliz said...

I loved reading that! I know, late huh? I can't believe u were in idaho! I was all set to go there for school..found Will instead. thats funny. you guys have a sweet story. i love the phone..it is so easy to get to know someone because your not seeing the face. what a great way to start your lives together. i'm glad u guys were he exception to long distance relationships!