01 August 2011

I love August.

It's Ben's birthday month.

And if there's any month in my life worth celebrating, it should be this one. Seriously. Because of that pivotal day in the universe, I got to meet him 23 years (and 4 months) later.

I've been looking at pictures a lot. It brings the memories attached to the moment.


Like one of the first times he took me flying with him....just to show me what he could do. January, 2006. I loved his focus as he went over his checklist, three times before he even got in the cockpit with me. He was so cute when he was serious about something.


Or the time I quickly snapped this one, without him knowing. He was radioing some tower, and looking so happy and in his element. It was the moment when I was sure that he genuinely loved what he did.


Here's a Benny quirk! Whenever he planned on going fly fishing, he'd scout the bugs to see what the fish were eating. (Gross, I know!) Sometimes he'd bring little vials to put them in. That way he could study them and tie a perfect replica. He treated fly tying like a science. I'm sure no one tied them better or caught more fish.
And after being skeezed out...I thought it was adorable for him to be so hardcore about it.



I love him.

No comments: