16 August 2011

Sometimes, I jump out of airplanes...

Here's the deal... With Ben's birthday creeping up on me, I haven't quite known what to do with myself.

So, my solution?? Something totally out of character. Something to get me way outside of my comfort zone. (For five minutes, I even contemplated a tattoo. But I'm too...noncommittal. And I can just picture the girls eventually wanting one...or 50. Yikes!)


Anway! Jumping out of a perfectly good plane, (while strapped to a guy, strapped to a parachute) made perfect sense! ;) And I kind of always wanted to. It's one of those bucket list items.


Dad and Laura jumped, too!
He has wanted to for...forever, and she actually went two weeks before we did (and loved it).


When I first met my instructor, and he was going over the basics with me, I asked him, "So, can we do a back flip?! I think that will help me be less nervous!"

He just kind of looked at me confused and slowly nodded, "We...can do a flip..."
(Maybe he wasn't expecting that! But eventually I think he got me. :))

I've decided that skydiving people are the funnest people! It was impossible to not have fun, too! Everyone laughed, joked, and chugged Red Bull on the way up!


Actually jumping was crazy, and too fun for words!

Once the parachute deployed, he told me I did really good. He even complimented me on not screaming. Ha!! I got to steer, too!

THEN he told me that I should look into getting certified, because I have the personality for it (??!!). After brushing him off, I realized he was completely serious! So most of the conversation down was about what it takes to jump alone. How much ground time... How many jumps... How safe it really is...

I think he talked me into it!


Anyway, I have over 100 amazing photos, but this video will have to do!


Apart from marrying Ben, and having two perfect babies....
Funnest thing ever!

:)

1 comment:

Tauni said...

sounds super fun!!