17 June 2011

28 really useless Ginny facts

Ya know, the kind that are soo random that even I haven't blogged about them.
It is my birthday month; in case you forgot. ;)

1. This is hard. I feel like I've blogged it all. Hmm...

2. I've been wearing the same toe ring on my right foot since June, 2003.

3. I feel antsy when my toes aren't painted. (They're currently in dire need of a touch up.)

4. I'm pretty hesitant to embrace new technologies. Like smart phones... I'm sure it's nice to stay connected to the internet (and everyone else) all day. But I cringe at the thought of being so accessible.

5. Oh, and Twitter just seems like the never ending FB status. Blahhh. I doubt I'll ever get an account.

6. Lately I've been the worst ever at checking my email. If I check it once a day, I'm doing really good. And I love turning my cellphone off sometimes, too. Silence is sweet.

7. I love real books with real bindings and paper. I hope they never get totally replaced by those e-reader thingies.

8. And with all this talk of tech-ish things... I just have to go to Indonesia. When the girls leave for college, so am I! I'd be so content to just live with monks for a few months. (I am serious.) That probably sounds Eat, Pray, Love-ish. But, whatever. I wanted to before I saw the movie.

9. I hate crew neck tops. Ben hated turtle necks. So now, I mostly only wear scoop or v-necks.

10. I'm completely convinced that the Canadian geese in Sharon, MA should be added to the "birds of prey" list. If I win this battle (that I kind of started with them...), I will blog about it.

11. When I was little, I used to envision myself growing into a tall woman with long, straight, brown hair. Hahh!!

12. So many people have told me that when they first met me, they thought I was snobby (and how I'm so not). Weird, right?!! It kind of bugs me when I hear that.

13. I take like 6 supplements a day. Love them.

14. LLB calls me a Dr. Oz worshiper. I wouldn't go that far, but I do take almost all of his advice to heart. (I say "almost all" because he has a lot of stuff for the middle-aged Oprah fans. It doesn't apply to me yet.)

15. One of my goals for this next year, is to meditate at least 3 times a week.

16. Another goal is to stop falling asleep with the TV on. (That makes me sound like such a hypocrite with all the technology bashing I've done in this post! Haha)

17. I have not finished a single book I've started in the last...21 months.

18. I'm a horrible liar. The guilt just eats at me, and I'm not convincing at all.

19. I'm starting to realize that I can't shop at Forever XXI, forever...

20. Today a 21 year old kid asked me where I go to college. He thought I was like his age! Hahahah :) It was a good day...

21. Jocee knows that my favorite number is 21. She thinks that your favorite number should be your age, so she often asks me if I wish I was 21. I always tell her that I'm happy to be my age. But when I stop and think about where I was back then, sometimes I do.

22. I'm more of a cat person, than a dog person. I appreciate they're independence.

23. I'm not a fan of jerky pickup truck drivers. I feel that they are overcompensating for something...small.

24. I never watch scary movies. And if I ever do, I'm notorious for covering my eyes.

25. Sometimes I feel kind of bad for all the people who search for bloopers from that MTV show, and land on my blog instead. But seriously, do you really think a series that poses as a reality show, is going to post bloopers on the internet??

26. I LOVE that the story of how Ben and I met, gets the most hits. That makes me happy. :)

27. I've been trying extra hard to be happy lately. I definitely don't always want to be branded as that sad little blonde widow, with that sad widowed blog. It'd be like playing the same 3 cords for the rest of my life. I've stumbled across blogs like that, and I cannot stand them.

28. I can't believe I'm 28 this month. Ben only got to be 30. He'd be 32 this year. This is bothering me a lot. I don't really know what to say, or how to say it. But I get sad when I think about it.

1 comment:

LizB627 said...

You ARE a Dr. Oz worshiper.. you should admit that most of those supplements you take (if not all) are because he said to! haha! xoxox