24 March 2011

The Bloggy Things I Don't Understand

Sometimes I just feel like I missed a really important blogging memo; one that I should have read when I was just starting to consider writing one.

And then I feel indignant, and I want to break trend.

Soo... Here's a list of things that you should never see here (because I've excluded them on purpose. ;)).


Anthro.
I'll be the first to admit that their stuff is darling. But even if I had the resources, I wouldn't shop there. Seriously. This is not a case of "sour grapes." It's all just...overdone. When soo many people like something, it loses it's luster for me. Kinda like Coach bags...


[TAKING]
[PHOTOS]
[FOR]
[EVERY]
[LITTLE ]
[THING]

I used to wish that I could do this. It makes a blog so much more visually appealing, and memories are captured in the process. So sweet. But then I started realizing that it actually detracts from the experience. For example... My mom has a FB friend whose daughter was recently engaged. Proud of her daughter, she posted all of the photos her daughter had taken that night. The candlelit dinner for two...the food...the ring...those arm-outstretched vanity shots... So romantic. I could seriously picture the poor girl busying herself with picture taking, so much that the poor little groom-to-be had to sit and wait. Mood Killer.
(Note: Any posts about my vacation won't have very many photos... :D)


Song lyrics.
Okay, so I know I did this once. But that was an exception (one that I could potentially make again). I understand and appreciate why some people choose to post them. But it just doesn't work for me. I genuinely try to put my own feelings into my own words. And if I can't, I usually just stay silent.


Just sayin'!

:)

3 comments:

Love said...

Your blog design is fantastic

Garn said...

great post!! I did have to google Andro or anthro or whatever it is. I must be getting old.

The Hills said...

Hi, Chris! I was talking about Anthropologie. It seems to be a mommy blogger favorite.. :)