05 February 2011

Blah blah blah

Remember how I mentioned that I think too much?? And remember all those posts about the random things that go through my head? Want more?
(If that last answer is a "No!" you can skip this one.)

I'm starting to wonder if I have a legitimate hot chocolate addiction. Seriously. I've had no problem passing up any other sugary substance. I've been proud of myself; it's not even deliberate. But hot chocolate just seems to be my Achilles' heal. Someone may have to pose an intervention soon. For now I'll blame it on the weather. I've been doing that a lot lately. ;)

I insert those little faces a lot too; maybe too much.

I really need to paint my toes. I might go with red this time.

I reallllly need to email a recipe to a friend. I keep forgetting. I'll send it right after I finish this (if I remember). I think there was someone else I've been meaning to email, too.

I'm pretty excited for March, for the most random reasons. Maybe I'll post about them after that trip...

I've been thinking of downsizing to two columns. I don't know why I have three anymore.

Back in the eighth grade I swore I'd never ever break 5'. I felt defeated by genetics. One day out of frustration, I measured and marked 5'2" on the wall in my parents' entryway (just putting it out into the universe. :))

They still have all those pencil markings on the wall. Maybe I should take a photo for prosperity... Anyway, when I hit that 5' mark on 14 Aug 1997, I was thrilled. It felt like an accomplishment. Then I hit 5'2" on 26 Nov 1999 (and then I never grew again).

My sister is always telling me that I am shorter than that. I always disagree. Yesterday I decided to finally end the debate... I'm freaking 5'1.75"!! What??! When did I shrink?? I'm 27, not 87. Maybe I could yoga that quarter of an inch back? Whatev.

Ben would probably insist that I claim 5'1". He was(/is) 5'11.75" and he never ever told people he was 6' tall. He said it would be too much like lying. Hm..

Really, it doesn't matter. I have this weird personality quirk where I always envision myself as being eye-level with everyone else. Rationally, I know when I'm shorter (which is most of the time) or taller (that's pretty rare). But in my head I feel like I'm the same height as any other peer. Does that even make sense?

I always refer to my scatter-brained-ness as having "blonde moments." Really, I should just call them "Ginny moments." I'm pretty sure that widow-brain pass has expired.

That Diddy song is stuck in my head. Blah. Jocee sings parts of it allll the time. Love her. She practically lived in timeout today. Sophie was pretty disgruntled with me too.

Yeah...I'm just scatter-brained. And now you may or may not understand why.

xo

:)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

OH MY GOSH...

I totally know what you mean about feeling the same height as everyone else. I am 5'2'' also (yes, you are still 5'2'' and yes you can tell people that..I'm giving you the go ahead lol) and I always envision myself as being eye level.

The only time I don't is when I'm in the hospital. I have serious short-person complex when I play doctor. I don't know what it is - it has NEVER bothered me being small before, but when I get in a room with a patient I feel like they think I'm a kid. Or if I'm talking to an attending, I just feel insecure about being so short.

Hence, my mission to find heels that are both comfortable and relatively fashionable. They must also be closed-toed and hospital appropriate.

So, um, let me know if you have a magical shoe maker I haven't discovered yet. Walking/Standing for 12 hours necessitates the comfy part.

:)