Classes started this week, and I'm learning a lot of new things.
1. I actually like Physics! I need to take a bunch of science classes that I purposely avoided earlier in life, and they're actually...fun. Who knew??! Three hour lectures are a drag, but the content really isn't. And I'm extra shocked at how much Physics interests me.
2. School makes me paranoid in regards to the flow of my Qi. I am not joking. I have a moderate breakout happening, and all I can think about is how heat is manifesting externally. And according to my tongue I have spleen yang deficiency, accumulated dampness in my channels, and internal cold.
Normally, I'd just drink more water, invest in some better skin care products, and hope for the best. Not anymore!! There is clearly something seriously wrong. I need hot soup, an acupuncture treatment and some herbs, STAT.
3. There are no gongs in Medical QiGong. I was the only person who didn't know this. Apparently "gong" means "work," and next week I'll be wearing comfy clothes...
4. The girls are doing awesome! I was so concerned about how they would handle the new schedule, and struggled with a lot of mommy guilt. But I couldn't be more proud of them. They've been so helpful and sweet. Sophie has been a rock star with cleaning up after herself, and they haven't had any arguments with each other in a while. I love to see them love each other.
5. And in regards to mommy guilt... I shouldn't feel it.
This whole working mom vs. stay-at-home mom debate is getting on my nerves. It's always bothered me, but it's wearing thin now. I may (or may not) rant one day.
But really, can't we all just get along?? I'd rather assume that we're all just doing the best with the situations we have been given. xoxo
Life is good.