06 April 2011

The Jocee Quirks


It's so hard to believe that the perfect (not so) little 8 lb, 11 oz baby girl who turned me into a mother, is 4 years old today! Watching her grow into herself is complete joy. There are so many qualities that are unique to her.

And so, here is a list of my very favorite "Jocee Quirks"...
:)
  • Jocee loves the dark. Nothing about it scares her. She refuses to sleep with a nightlight on.
  • She loves music more than anyone I know. She sings all day long.
  • She can recall song lyrics perfectly after hearing a song just once. In fact, she's better at this than I am! I have to be extra mindful when the radio is on, because she rarely ever gets words wrong. :)
  • Just like Daddy, Jocee is becoming a trivia master. She soaks in all the little facts that she learns, and shocks people with how much she knows about something random.
  • She is determined to learn how to use chopsticks perfectly. She tries using them when eating anything (even snow... :)).

  • She is a total backseat driver! She has an opinion to share with whomever is driving. Haha!
  • She is acutely observant! Absolutely nothing gets past her, and she's always willing to call people out. :)
  • This sweet girl is resilient; perhaps the most resilient person I know. She has lost so much, and seems to understand far more than someone her age should have to. And yet she handles it all with astounding maturity and patience.

Oh, how I love this girl! She has added such dimension and meaning to my life. The opportunity to be her mother is an absolute blessing. There aren't words enough to express my gratitude for her.


Happy birthday, Jocelyn Michelle!!
Mommy & Daddy love you!

3 comments:

marcijudd said...

She is so cute. I can't believe she is already 4.

Linda said...

Shes SO lucky to have you as her Mom Ginny!!! You're such an amazing person!!!

The Scribbles said...

She is beautiful! Happy Birthday Jocee!!!