29 October 2009

Sweet Baby Girl


Sophia Leigh will be one year old in exactly one week.

I am flooded with emotions by this realization. For weeks I have found myself musing over this last year (and preceding pregnancy), and feeling abundantly blessed for every moment.

When I was pregnant with her, I wondered if I could love another child as much as I love her sister. I loved and adored her from the second I found out that she was on her way. But would it be equal? Could I make them both know how precious they are to me? These were just some of the questions that would cross my mind periodically.

Then Sophie was born, and I found that my heart had been waiting for her all along. Just like before, my heart and whole being expanded...almost exploding in complete awe of her.

As her mother, I am filled with gratitude. She is more than I could have ever hoped for. Getting to know her sweet spirit is a gift.

Although part of me is sad that she is growing up so quickly, I am overjoyed and looking forward to each new phase of her life. She continues to amaze me everyday!

3 comments:

Hill Family said...

She is beautiful and such a sweetheart. I'll miss her when we go back to Kansas. Happy Birthday next week dearest!

The Sitton Family said...

Sweet sweet Sophie! I miss her already!

Maryblog said...

Ginny you are incredible! Your girls are so gorgeous and precious! My heart aches for you, reading through your posts and seeing the two of you in pictures only allows me a small picture into the wonderful man you married and will be with for all eternity. You are loved by so many and always have been. We are praying for your sweet family and are strengthened by your faith.