15 March 2009

My Little Girl



In just a few short weeks Jocelyn will be two years old. The past two years have flown by. Sometimes I just wish she could stay little forever...or at least for just a little longer!

It was about this time last year that I realized her birthday was soon approaching and began to think a lot about the preceding months. Ben and I had also just barely discovered that we were going to have another baby. I found myself almost every night overcome with gratitude and awe. I wrote the following during one of those tear-filled nights...
All throughout this entire month I have been in disbelief that my little girl is going to be one year old. I've found myself, every night looking at the countless pictures of her first year; marveling at all the changing she has done. I am constantly wondering how I got to be so fortunate. She has brought more joy to my life than I could ever begin to put into words.

She has changed me more than any one person ever could. She has taught me what it is to be truly and completely selfless. She has altered my perspective on every aspect of everything. She has changed me in the very best of ways. and I am forever indebted to her for that.

Really, there aren't words adequate enough to convey how grateful I am for her. At almost 25 years old it seems like my personal, self-imposed list of things to accomplish is much longer than what I have already done. While this is most
likely true, she is my greatest accomplishment. Furthermore, nothing I could ever cross off that list would ever surpass becoming her mother.

I am also so grateful to be able to become a mother to someone else later this year. To get the opportunity to do this for a second time is amazing. And yes, it will be tiring, and time consuming, and expensive, but I am looking forward to ALL of it. I can't wait to meet this sweet little one, to hear their first cry, and to welcome him or her into our family.
So I find myself, one year later feeling similar emotions that seem so difficult to express. I feel so abundantly blessed to have such an incredible little girl in my life. Jocelyn has made life so much sweeter. She continues to amaze me every day!

1 comment:

Melody said...

It's crazy how your "baby" grows so fast! It's not even possible that Gabriel is 4!!! And in Primary!!!

BTW, that journal entry is beautiful! There's nothing better then seeing a mother's love for her child :o)